Dr. Molly Fechter-Leggett, Psy.D.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist in Morgantown, WV
About Dr. Fechter-Leggett
Dr. Fechter-Leggett is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist with 15 years experience working with transgender and gender-diverse children, adolescents and adults. She has provided: individual, group and family psychotherapy; consultation for hormones and surgery; provided clinical supervision to therapists new to gender affirming care; taught in doctoral programs; and provided professional education, training, and consultation in various clinical and medical settings. She is currently the Special Projects Director in Transgender Health at WVU Medicine and is leading an initiative to transform WVU Medicine into a leader in gender-affirming care.
Dr. Fechter-Leggett is currently on leave from her clinical practice because of COVID-19. She plans to return in fall 2021.
- Individual and Family Psychotherapy for TGD children, adolescents, and adults
- Consultation for referral letter for transition care (hormones, surgery)
- Telehealth services
- WPATH Member
- Integration of gender-affirming care into healthcare settings
- Mental health services for transgender and gender diverse youth and families
- LGBTQ+ affirming foster care full spectrum service delivery
- Addressing needs of transgender and gender diverse sexual assault victims
- Medical curriculum development of transgender and gender diverse patient care
- Clinical supervision
Examples of trainings given in the last year:
- Transgender 101
- Creating a Transgender Affirming Space
- Health Disparities of Transgender and Gender Diverse Patients and Strategies to Address Them
- Trans Trauma
- Supporting Transgender Employees
- Affirmative Mental Health for Transgender and Gender Diverse Kids
- Transgender Patients and Sexual Assault Exams
- Writing Letters in Support of Gender Affirming Medical Care
If you are looking for transition-related services through WVU Medicine and need help finding a provider, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other inquiries, please use the contact form below.