Dr. Molly Fechter-Leggett, Psy.D.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
About Dr. Fechter-Leggett
Dr. Fechter-Leggett is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist with 15 years experience working with transgender and gender-diverse children, adolescents and adults. She has provided: individual, group and family psychotherapy; consultation for hormones and surgery; provided clinical supervision to therapists new to gender affirming care; taught in doctoral programs; and provided professional education, training, and consultation in various clinical and medical settings. She is currently the LGBTQ+ Program Manager at WVU Medicine and is leading an initiative to transform WVU Medicine into a leader in gender-affirming care.
Dr. Fechter-Leggett is currently not accepting new patients.
- Individual and Family Psychotherapy for TGD children, adolescents, and adults
- Consultation for referral letter for transition care (hormones, surgery)
- Telehealth services
- WPATH Member
- Integration of gender-affirming care into healthcare settings
- Mental health services for transgender and gender diverse youth and families
- LGBTQ+ affirming foster care full spectrum service delivery
- Addressing needs of transgender and gender diverse sexual assault victims
- Medical curriculum development of transgender and gender diverse patient care
- Clinical supervision
Examples of trainings given in the last year:
- Transgender 101
- Creating a Transgender Affirming Space
- Health Disparities of Transgender and Gender Diverse Patients and Strategies to Address Them
- Trans Trauma
- Supporting Transgender Employees
- Affirmative Mental Health for Transgender and Gender Diverse Kids
- Transgender Patients and Sexual Assault Exams
- Writing Letters in Support of Gender Affirming Medical Care
If you are looking for gender-affirming care through WVU Medicine and need help finding a provider, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.